INGREDIENTS: Organic Kale Powder
DAILY SERVING: 1 teaspoon (2.3 g). mixed in water or in a smoothie, or sprinkled on food.
Net Weight: 4 oz (113.39 g)
Kale is a super food with staying power. The dark, leafy green has been on dinner plates since Roman times and has long been common across much of Europe. The vegetable hails from the cabbage family, which also includes broccoli, cauliflower, and collards.
Kale is more popular than ever, and it’s packed with vitamins and minerals.
One cup of raw kale has:
- Nearly 3 grams of protein
- 2.5 grams of fiber (which helps manage blood sugar and makes you feel full)
- Vitamins A, C, and K
- Folate, a B vitamin that’s key for brain development
- Alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid. (While kale has far less omega-3 than fish, it is another way to get some of this healthy fat into your diet).
- Lutein and zeaxanthin, nutrients that give kale its deep, dark green coloring and may protect against macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Minerals including phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and zinc
WARNING: In most cases, kale is a great addition to any diet. But kale and its cousins in the cabbage family can interact with thyroid function if they are eaten in very high amounts.
If you have hypothyroidism, also known as an under-active thyroid, ask your doctor about how certain foods can affect your thyroid.
Processed, packaged and quality tested in California, USA. Kosher Certified by Kosher Certifications Services. Certified Organic by QAI, Inc.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.